The Republic of Korea is located in the center of East Asia, and is surrounded by the ocean on three sides, making it a unique geographical location with a distinctive culture. As a country with a history of more than 5,000 years, Korea possesses a wealth of historical monuments and traditions, yet is also the major player in the world’s IT, automobile and smart devices industries.
Our host city, Busan is Korea’s largest port city, filled with endless excitement and pleasant surprises. Every year, tens of thousands of visitors from all over the country and around the world flock to the city to relax or to attend festivals. The city annually hosts the International Fireworks Festival and the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF), while regularly holding various events in Busan.
[Currency] The unit of Korean the currency is the Won (￦). Coin denominations are ￦10, ￦50, ￦100 and ￦500. Banknotes are ￦1,000, ￦5,000, ￦10,000 and ￦50,000. The exchange rate is approximately US$1 to KRW 1,111 as of July 2018.
[Tax] Value-Added Tax (VAT) is levied on most goods and services at a standard rate of 10% and is included in the retail price. In tourist hotels, this 10% tax applies to rooms, meals and other services and is included in the bill.
Value-Added Tax (VAT) is levied on most goods and services at a standard rate of 10% and is included in the retail price. In tourist hotels, this 10% tax applies to rooms, meals and other services and is included in the bill.
Four distinct seasons in Korea:
- Spring (March ~ May),
- Summer (June ~ August),
- Autumn (September ~ November),
- Winter (December ~ February).
The temperature in Busan in November ranges approximately between 10-20 ℃ degrees.
- 119 : Emergencies for Fire, Rescue & Hospital Services
- 112 : Police
- 02-1339 : Emergency Medical Information Center
In Korea, 220 volt outlets are most common. Some hotels provide 110 volt outlets for shavers.
Please check the power supply before use.
- Korea Tourism Organization: http://www.visitkorea.or.kr
- Gateway to Korea: http://www.korea.net
- Seoul Tourism Organization: http://www.miceseoul.com
- Seoul Metropolitan Government: http://www.visitseoul.net
- Korea Immigration Service: http://www.immigration.go.kr
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade: http://www.mofat.go.kr